Do you want to have a credit card? This article on how to make your credit card application approved might help you have a credit card.
Having a credit card now has become a lifestyle for modern society.
Demand for people to have a credit card continues to increase from year to year. Even in the United States, 7 outs of 10 people have 1 credit card.
This is because more and more convenience payments and special offers are given to credit card owners.
Many people say, applying for a credit card is very difficult to be approved by the card provider or bank.
Yes, this statement is actually quite realistic.
Applying for a credit card application may be far "easier", than how to make your credit card application approved by the card provider or bank.
Will your credit card application be approved or rejected.
This decision is like waiting for the results of the final school exam.
Even though there are rejections, the truth is, you also have a great opportunity to get a credit card easily if you understand important factors about how to get it and are responsible for using it.
The data shows that the percentage of applications for declined registration is only 13.5% - 22% in the last five years.
This gives you a chance.
1. Understand how credit cards work.Credit cards are also referred to as payment cards issued to cardholders who meet the requirements. Card issuers (banks) create rolling accounts and provide credit lines where cardholders get short-term loans quickly.
For physical forms, credit and debit cards have similarities, but for the used mechanism, both have differences.
"How do credit cards work?"
If the owner of a debit card uses the money to pay for purchases, cash withdrawals and more. The money they use is their own money which is stored in a bank savings account.
While the credit card, the money used to buy something in cash or in installments, is the money that the Bank gives to the card owner based on the credit card limit, and the loan money must be paid directly according to the amount used or paid in installments under the conditions that are subject to interest a few percents.
In addition, credit cards also have a credit limit, how much money you can borrow using a card.
For example, if you have a credit card with a limit of $1,000, you will not be able to spend more than $1,000, until you pay or pay part of the previous debt. If you use more than the card limit, you will be charged.
2. Who can get a credit card?
Everyone can apply for the first credit card if they are 20 years old and have income. Even according to one bank, one can apply for a credit card for the first time even though it is under 18 years of age and is a student on condition that they have obtained parental permission.
This is a credit card ownership chart based on age.
3. Why was your credit card application rejected?Many people get a rejection when applying for a credit card for the first time or for the third time.
And here are some reasons:
1. The credit score is too low.
When you apply for a credit card, the card giver will analyze the creditworthiness through your credit score. And usually, refusal often results from a credit score that is too small or below 600.
2. Bad Credit.
Your credit report also provides details to the card provider to make the decision approved or rejected. Having a history of late payments, loan penalties and not being able to pay loans is a common reason for credit card refusal cases.
3. Lots of debt.The more loans or obligations that you have not yet completed, will make the card issuer see you as a risk person to approve credit card applications even if you are always paying on time.
4. There is no or little credit history.Often the credit card registration applicant is first refused on the grounds that he does not have a credit history or a little, and this usually happens to those who are young. This is because banks cannot track their finances, whether they are the person responsible for money loans.
The best way for those who do not have a credit history can use a secure credit card.
5. Insufficient income.Every bank in various worlds has minimum salary rules for making credit cards. Inadequate income will be a reason for banks to refuse credit cards registration. Because if your money is less than your debt, it will make it difficult for you to pay the loan. And banks don't want to take risks.
6. Past bankruptcy.If you have experienced bankruptcy in the past, card providers will be more careful to approve you, whether to be accepted or rejected. If your bankruptcy does not leave your previous debt anywhere and there are no delays and penalties, you can be accepted. But with limited credit card choices.
7. Have a lot of credit cards.Many people are rejected because they already have more than 3 credit cards. People who have a lot of credit cards will be a consideration for banks to measure the level of ability to repay loans on different credit cards.
8. Providing false information.Providing false information to get credit card approval is strictly prohibited. In addition to your shipment being refused, the card giver can also report you with fraud claims. Never lie about yourself and your income when filling out a credit card registration form.
How to make your credit card application approved?There are many things that you must prepare so that your first credit card registration is accepted by the bank.
And here are tips on how to get an approved credit card:
1. Make yourself meet the requirements.Many people who try to get their first credit card, fail to complete the criteria and requirements to submit an application to the Bank. And as a result, their application is “REFUSED".
If you come to the Bank and you are judged to be eligible as an “approved prospect”, you may have met some “document” requirements.
However, there is no guarantee that your card application will be “fully fulfilled" There are still some important factors that must be assessed from you, such as credit history, income, and others.
2. Know your credit history and credit score.Credit history and credit score are important analyzes for card issuers to make a decision whether to approve or reject your application. Credit history and credit scores are usually in the form of credit reports issued by credit bureaus like Experian, Equifax, TransUnion.
If your credit report is found a low credit score, the possibility of submitting your credit card will be rejected. And if your credit history does not exist, little, bad or average, most likely your application will also be rejected.
Credit records can affect the interest rate and credit limit offered
So, check if you have a credit history such as a car loan, cell phone contract, or store card.
And see if you pay the loan well enough or have experienced a traffic jam before applying for the first credit card.
Credit scores are calculated with your credit history, and are usually classified as follows:
The lower the credit value, indicating that the applicant has a poor credit responsibility. If you find a bad value, correct your mistakes.
To get a good credit score, you can do these 3 things:
1. Pay loans on time.
2. Don't empty your balance on an existing credit card.
3. Don't add new debt.
Generally, there are 2 models that are often used by credit providers or Bank to measure your credit score, namely FICO and VantageScore.
And usually, FICO becomes the most widely used to calculate credit scores.
You can also use the credit score calculator for free.
Credit reports are usually sourced from credit bureaus.
3. Determine the type of credit card you need.If you are first to submit an application, it is better to choose your first card that has a low cost, low-interest rate, or no annual fee. And most importantly according to your needs and gives a great possibility to be accepted.
Take your time to find all types of credit card offerings.
Below are what consumers often look for on a credit card?
Credit cards always come at a higher cost. If you choose wrongly, credit cards can spend your money from time to time, such as:
- Interest rate: The total amount of money you must pay if you borrow money with your credit card and pay in installments. If you pay in full for each loan, you don't need to pay interest.
- Breaking Requirements: This is a fee if you are late paying bills or borrowing money over your card's credit limit.
- Monthly or annual fees: Fees that will be given to you as a card owner.
- Overseas shopping costs: this is for fees if you make a purchase with a credit card abroad.
- Cash withdrawal fee: Credit card owners will be charged a large withdrawal fee if making withdrawals at an ATM.
Research shows the biggest challenge to getting the right credit card is that most people take too long to examine all available credit cards and they are overwhelmed to find new credit cards according to their needs.
It is best to look for a card that is feasible for you by comparing it online to see what they offer.
4. Include all income and don't lieYour credit card issuer needs information about your income in real terms. It is important to measure your ability to pay for various costs arising from ownership of a credit card and to calculate debt ratios.
If you are an employee and have an income beyond your salary, include it in your application. If you are a business owner, you must write how much profit you get from your business.
Never lie to overstate your income when making a request. If the bank detects that you are providing false information, you can be categorized as credit card fraud.
5. Register at your bank account or register online.Banks usually offer customers their bank account owners to open a credit card. If you are deemed to have fulfilled bank requirements, this will certainly give you a great opportunity to be approved. Because they are easier to analyze you with the data they have. Or you can also apply for a credit card online.
You only need to fill out the application form provided.
How long does it take for a credit card to be approved?If you are fully approved, you will receive a new card for about seven or ten days. But the approval process can also take a long time if you do not meet the requirements and the card provider does not process your application quickly.
Your credit card submission is rejected.If you have done all the conditions and received a rejection. Do not give up, usually, the card provider or the bank where you register will provide a letter containing the reason for rejection. However, if you do not get a rejection notification letter, you can ask the reason your credit card application was rejected.
This method is very good as a corrective step to apply for a credit card elsewhere.
If this rejection is caused by a lack of credit history or a lows credit score, you must first correct everything before filing again.
If you are refused, never submit the next request in the same place. Because your application will automatically be rejected if it has not passed the time of about 6 months. The best thing you can do is apply for a credit card elsewhere
Apply for a credit card without a credit history or low credit scoreIf you want to still have a credit card, you can use "Secured Credit Card and student credit card".
Both of these cards make it easier for you if you don't have a credit history or low credit score. You can apply for a secure credit card or if you are 18 years old you can apply for a student credit card.
What are secure credit cards and student credit cards?
1. Secured credit card.This credit card requires a cash deposit which is usually the credit card limit, useful for protecting the card issuer if the user does not pay the bill. This card is given to people who do not have a credit history or bad credit. But to register, you still need to have income.
2. Student Credit Card.Maybe not all banks in each country issue this card. But if you are 18 years old and the Bank where you live is issuing a student credit card, you can use it to get your first credit card. Student credit cards accept credit card making applications if you get regular payments from your parents, student loans, or from your part-time job.
3. Store Credit Card.For those of you who do not have a credit reputation or who are building credit. The store credit card is the right choice. Taking into account a store credit card might be very useful if used correctly.
Avoid using store credit cards for financing, because store cards have a high-interest rate.
Conclusion:If your application is approved by the bank or card provider. Congratulations, your card is ready to be used to help with your financial needs.
But you must take flying responsibility for the use of credit cards. Credit cards can bring goodness if used wisely. But if you fail, you can generate a lot of debt to the bank.
So be always careful when you buy or pay for something with a credit card.