20 mistakes that often occur during the first trip - Who doesn't want to travel around the world? There is a lot of experience, beauty, and pleasure to be gained.
For beginner tourists who want to travel the first time, they will always think of worries and fears. What will happen? Mistakes that will be experienced? and how to deal with it?
It cannot be denied that you will make a small or big mistake when you travel first alone. This is a common thing for beginner travelers.
I also made a mistake when I made the first trip. And mistakes in the past were an important experience for me when I made my next trip. To be a better journey.
And here I will list 20 mistakes that beginners often make when traveling.
1. MoneyDon't travel around the world if you don't have money at all. And don't expect a FREE trip will make your trip like a vacation.
Money is always important when you want to travel to the nearest city or around the world. Having a sufficient budget will help you in preparing unexpected travel costs such as transportation, hotels, food, lodging, and shopping.
Read here: How to find the cheapest flights to travel around the world
Because you do not know whether the cost or price in your place will be expensive or cheap from where you live. I have visited tourist attractions that provide recreational ticket prices that are more expensive for foreign tourists than the prices of local tourists.
2. Not preparing initial plans and reservesThis is a mistake often made by novice tourists. Go without preparing an important plan and not prepare a backup plan even though we don't know what will happen.
Setting up a travel plan list will help you manage your travel time well, while a backup plan will help you if the initial plan cannot be done due to certain factors. So, if you have just made the first trip, make your initial plan and backup.
3. Go at a busy timeIf you want to travel to a particular destination/country, make sure it's not the time when people are traveling too. Like at Christmas or New Year.
This will make long lines and flight prices or accommodation prices very expensive.
The best day for your own trip is the low season because travel prices will tend to be cheaper.
4. Go without buying insuranceThe next mistake often made by a beginner traveler is to ignore buying travel insurance. Though many experienced travelers recommend buying travel insurance even if they only travel for a few days.
Read here: 13 Reasons to buy travel insurance for travel
Insurance makes your trip safe, you don't know if you will get sick, your goods will be stolen or your flight will be canceled.
5. Go without taking an offer of travel price discountsIf you are a beginner traveler, the best thing you have to do is never hesitate to take a discounted price offer to get cheap travel costs. This is very helpful for saving financial budgets even if you only get a $ 50 discount.
Many sites offer travel discounts such as flights and hotels. And you can use the offer.
6. Pack too muchDon't pack too much in your bag. Bring some equipment and supplies that you really need and the rest you can buy while traveling. Bring no more than 5 t-shirts and don't carry more than 2 shoes and more than 2 jeans. And wanting to carry too much can give you extra baggage fees at the airport.
7. Don't exchange currenciesSpecial regulations in each country use local currency for all purposes. So do not let when you travel abroad you still use your country's money. This will make it difficult for you to make transactions and you will have difficulty finding a currency exchange in a foreign country.
8. Afraid of talking to local peopleDon't be afraid to say hello and talk to local people even if you just say "hello". Different languages do not mean you are not talking to them at all.
And fortunately all over the world, English is a language that is widely used and in the whole world, there must be people who can speak English even if not fluently.
9. Fear of getting lostHey, getting lost is interesting for those who like to travel. And in this world with technological advancements, you can't be lost in the forest. So why should you be afraid to travel to foreign places that you have never visited?
The solution, if you get lost somewhere, is the best way to ask the locals, and if the locals can't use English, go to the nearest hotel. Because hotel staff usually speak English. And they can help you.
10. PanicBeing in a strange place with language limitations and you don't know anyone to help will cause anxiety and panic if you make a mistake. But if you want to travel try to calm down and think of the best solution to the problem that arises. Panic will make things worse.
11. Hire a travel agent for the first tripTravel agents may be very safe to travel to countries around the world safely. You only need to buy a tour package and you will be guided by them in interesting places.
But this will make you spend a lot of money and you can't do anything.
If you travel alone, you are free to determine where you are going and don't need a big trip.
12. cheatedWe cannot judge people in their guise, these fraudsters will always appear wherever you go. And don't be afraid if you make a mistake by being fooled while traveling, whether it's a taxi driver who puts up a high price, a photographer who takes your camera, a small child or a beautiful woman who pulls your wallet while walking and a seller who gives expensive bills for snacks.
There is no sure thing how to avoid this form of fraud. The best thing to do is always be careful and collect lots of information before traveling.
I myself was cheated when I made the first trip with a taxi driver, was cheated the second time by taxi drivers in various countries, and cheated by food vendors when I had lunch. But that didn't make me afraid to make the next trip.
13. Want to go to all places at onceIf you are thinking of seeing as many tourist attractions as possible in 1 day. Guaranteed you will not feel happy while traveling. The best thing about travel is that you know the goals one by one starting from that person, food, and culture. If you can't see everything within a few days while traveling, make your motivation to return next year.
14. Trust excessive travel guidebooksTravel guidebooks are very helpful to get to know and provide information about the destinations you visit. Starting from the best history, culture, place to live and food.
But make a book just for your guide. You don't have to do what is in the book from A to Z.
You are free to do anything, you can visit other places that are not included in the guidebook, you are free to choose a bed, you are free to choose food. There are many interesting things that cannot be written in this book.
15. Shop too muchBuying something is very tempting when traveling, especially if you see unique products typical of the country you are visiting. But buying too many items will make your money run out quickly.
So you should not buy souvenirs at the beginning of the trip, but buying, in the end, you will go home, you can find out how much money you have and what is enough to buy the product. And one more, buy items that are not large.
16. Too obsessed with photographyActually taking photos to capture the moment was not entirely wrong. It's just that sometimes beginner travelers are too busy taking pictures to forget the main purpose of travel.
They are too obsessed with documenting every scene of travel, sculpture, place, and sunset to get 300 images full of their camera memory. They do not realize that the meaning of travel is to enjoy a pleasant and pleasant experience in the head's memory, not only capturing lots of pictures and only being stored on laptops for years.
17. Don't check visa requirementsYou must know what visa you use to travel and what conditions are. For travel, you need a tourist visa and to make it require time and this has a validity period.
Many tourists use a tourist visa and stay longer than the specified time. And finally, they must be interrogated at the airport.